Thursday 7 January 2010

SebastiAn - Threnody

There's been a lot of talk about this track on a lot of blogs the last few days, and it seems that most people really hate it! It's certainly true that this isn't easy listening; nine minutes of industrial droning and whirring accompanied by rising dissonant tones probably isn't everyone's cup of tea. I think it works brilliantly though. Imagine it as a film score, soundtracking some kind of future-industrial landscape, like the image below of Fritz Lang's Metropolis (an old HWD fave). Finally the two minute pay-off at the end is just typical SebastiAn. It seems to me that he's the most truly original of all the Ed Banger artists and he's up against some pretty stiff competition - can't wait for his album later this year!



While I'm here I thought I'd also post another track that's been doing the rounds, seeing as it's by two chaps that have remixed us in the past I thought it would be appropriate to put it up on this blog - enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Can't wait for Seb's album. Good thing Threnody's not gonna be on it though, that 11 minute noise is unbearable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean - you wouldn't want that tune on an album. I still think it's good though! Sometimes I like listening to unbearable noise...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I imagine Seb's just laughing at everyone for taking this so seriously, he was probably pissed off his tits when he made it :D

    ReplyDelete